what is ur obsession

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby sherlover on 19 Feb 2011, 07:31

ditzyizzybella wrote:For some reason, I always go back to dance. I danced as a child and stopped when I was 12. Every few years, I return to it. Now that I have a full-time job, I've been getting back in fighting form and dancing three times a week. I even dream about dancing again.

I love dancing, but I definitely wouldn't do it for a full-time job. It's great just to take pleasure in something again.

Also, I can't stop watching shows where people make cakes. They must be pretty darn popular because there are like twelve different cake shows on tv.

That's about it.

wow keep doing the dance and have you heard about soft centred chocolate cake thats my fav!! :D
User avatar
sherlover
Moderator
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 07:12
Location: asia

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby Pheryxian on 22 Feb 2011, 03:50

Right now my obsession is manga/manhwa. If I'm not at work, I am usually reading it. Ah, forget that. I read it at work on my phone too. Though if I have to name something else, it would be rocks or minerals. I am interested in geology and really love finding cool looking stones.
Pheryxian
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 03:33

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby esca6angel on 22 Feb 2011, 08:05

Well my recent obsession was Iron Chef Japan, playing Vindictus but I think my current one is Pokemon Black and White. I stopped playing the Pokemon series long time ago but when my sister got me to play, I got hooked. I was able to train pokemons I never had a chance to, like Vulpix! Or Ponyta.
Oh yeah, and lookiing for good mangas.
Recently, I really adore this manga call Fashion Fade but the scanlators put the requirement of putting 50 post before we could touch the releases. I tried but I don't have alot to say since most of the other mangas, I can't read at all. The mangaka of Fashion Fade has alot of interesting work but no one has translated them yet so I hope someone will pick it up soon.
esca6angel
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 07:51

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby mayaya on 24 Feb 2011, 00:02

Manga and Anime, specifically BISHIES!!! no, seriously.... BISHIES!!!! if i could i would make a harem with them, its size would be 100x larger than Solomon's :lol:
mayaya
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 19:37

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby sherlover on 24 Feb 2011, 06:23

mayaya wrote:Manga and Anime, specifically BISHIES!!! no, seriously.... BISHIES!!!! if i could i would make a harem with them, its size would be 100x larger than Solomon's :lol:

hahhahaha really great may i join too^_^
User avatar
sherlover
Moderator
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 07:12
Location: asia

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby sherlover on 24 Feb 2011, 06:27

esca6angel wrote:Well my recent obsession was Iron Chef Japan, playing Vindictus but I think my current one is Pokemon Black and White. I stopped playing the Pokemon series long time ago but when my sister got me to play, I got hooked. I was able to train pokemons I never had a chance to, like Vulpix! Or Ponyta.
Oh yeah, and lookiing for good mangas.
Recently, I really adore this manga call Fashion Fade but the scanlators put the requirement of putting 50 post before we could touch the releases. I tried but I don't have alot to say since most of the other mangas, I can't read at all. The mangaka of Fashion Fade has alot of interesting work but no one has translated them yet so I hope someone will pick it up soon.

yup i hope so too since you are waiting for it...till then ill check out this manga you said :)
User avatar
sherlover
Moderator
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 07:12
Location: asia

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby zealotrush on 24 Feb 2011, 17:52

Mecha
I build models,
draw sketches,
and plan on going into exoskeletons as a career
(live in NE USA, so when I'm done and the prototype is no longer needed i'm planning on plating it with an inch or two of armor, getting it licensed for road use, and then bolting a pun license plate to its @*$ - probably a reference to gundam, srw og, or appleseed)
I'l probably remodel the exterior so it actually looks like (different enough not to get sued for infringement, or i cut a deal and I'm their walking advertisement) a mecha from gundam, srw, appleseed, front mission, or code geass

the neat part of this plan for the future is, if i make it myself, and customize it, I will have SO many ways to scare people from riding on my @*$ literally...mock up chaingun anyone? or are the drivers up here just that insane...theres also the swivelling mock rocket launcher w/ laser pointer, or directed led (and bells and whistles to make it look real...)

you should be seeing the tip of the iceburg for my obsession
I out do banpresto w/ crossovers, I figure out the basic concepts used to make the mech, and then apply that to a custom machine, like the landlion 3, guarbein frame with a cross between rathgrid, landlion, and huckebein 3 legs. Along with G wall, Gravity Breaker, G Impact Rifle, Sonic Breaker, and an original spec ODE system and Hi Spec AI.

I have an alternate universe DoD plan that would have been used if the EFA wasn't so corrupt and dumb...
it ends two generations (as in introducing new fighters and retiring old ones) after the end of OGG (the one before these two, literrally starts just after OGG finishes)
Haven't beaten masoukishin yet, so when i do that I'll start making up some modifications,

I also have all these different ideas bouncing around in my head, like, what the joints should be like to recreate human articulation, where will the center of balance be, what kind o propulsion, wheels, treads, or balls, How do you operate it, how do you make it user friendly, how do you make it damn near indestructable by auto-accident, what keeps it from getting stolen, how do you fit luggage into the picture, what about passengers, how big is it going to have to be, what powers it, sterling heated by laser, sterling powered by solar, hydrogen with a tank of distilled water broken down by solar and chemical reagents for higher efficiency, water strait from the tap, ultra capicitor, all of the above, how will the OS have to be designed, standard of indvidualized, how will the exoskeleton fit, and stuff like that.

I've got shoulders, pelvic joints, and neck down, along with two forms of the feet that would allow for traffic and highway speed and control. working on elbow and knee joints that are't weakpoints in the armor, how do I make it so that if somebody misfired an a solid slug, that there is no chance of a lucky shot? How do I incorporate that design so that it doesn't just average out the protection of that area, how do I keep it from interfering with articulation?

like I said, tip of the iceburg :)
zealotrush
Cool User
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 16:23

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby sherlover on 24 Feb 2011, 19:00

zealotrush wrote:Mecha
I build models,
draw sketches,
and plan on going into exoskeletons as a career
(live in NE USA, so when I'm done and the prototype is no longer needed i'm planning on plating it with an inch or two of armor, getting it licensed for road use, and then bolting a pun license plate to its @*$ - probably a reference to gundam, srw og, or appleseed)
I'l probably remodel the exterior so it actually looks like (different enough not to get sued for infringement, or i cut a deal and I'm their walking advertisement) a mecha from gundam, srw, appleseed, front mission, or code geass

the neat part of this plan for the future is, if i make it myself, and customize it, I will have SO many ways to scare people from riding on my @*$ literally...mock up chaingun anyone? or are the drivers up here just that insane...theres also the swivelling mock rocket launcher w/ laser pointer, or directed led (and bells and whistles to make it look real...)

you should be seeing the tip of the iceburg for my obsession
I out do banpresto w/ crossovers, I figure out the basic concepts used to make the mech, and then apply that to a custom machine, like the landlion 3, guarbein frame with a cross between rathgrid, landlion, and huckebein 3 legs. Along with G wall, Gravity Breaker, G Impact Rifle, Sonic Breaker, and an original spec ODE system and Hi Spec AI.

I have an alternate universe DoD plan that would have been used if the EFA wasn't so corrupt and dumb...
it ends two generations (as in introducing new fighters and retiring old ones) after the end of OGG (the one before these two, literrally starts just after OGG finishes)
Haven't beaten masoukishin yet, so when i do that I'll start making up some modifications,

I also have all these different ideas bouncing around in my head, like, what the joints should be like to recreate human articulation, where will the center of balance be, what kind o propulsion, wheels, treads, or balls, How do you operate it, how do you make it user friendly, how do you make it damn near indestructable by auto-accident, what keeps it from getting stolen, how do you fit luggage into the picture, what about passengers, how big is it going to have to be, what powers it, sterling heated by laser, sterling powered by solar, hydrogen with a tank of distilled water broken down by solar and chemical reagents for higher efficiency, water strait from the tap, ultra capicitor, all of the above, how will the OS have to be designed, standard of indvidualized, how will the exoskeleton fit, and stuff like that.

I've got shoulders, pelvic joints, and neck down, along with two forms of the feet that would allow for traffic and highway speed and control. working on elbow and knee joints that are't weakpoints in the armor, how do I make it so that if somebody misfired an a solid slug, that there is no chance of a lucky shot? How do I incorporate that design so that it doesn't just average out the protection of that area, how do I keep it from interfering with articulation?

like I said, tip of the iceburg :)

:D :D im impressed by ur prodigic style of answering this question!!!(either what you wrote makes a lot of sense or its just bluff) :mrgreen:
i like ur description of human body u know it can be a theme of study for medical students insted of reading te old boring kind of anatomy!!!
hahahah u sure have lot of ideas going on in ur head ..but what u have written here defnitely blew my mind and i can see my mind sitting on the table wow human articulation modification...you defnitely have lot of zeal which if correctly applied may lead to lot of creativity..all the best :D :D
User avatar
sherlover
Moderator
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 07:12
Location: asia

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby mayaya on 25 Feb 2011, 04:14

sherlover wrote:
mayaya wrote:Manga and Anime, specifically BISHIES!!! no, seriously.... BISHIES!!!! if i could i would make a harem with them, its size would be 100x larger than Solomon's :lol:

hahhahaha really great may i join too^_^


Indeed, everyone who loves bishies is welcome ^u^
mayaya
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 19:37

Re: what is ur obsession

Postby sherlover on 25 Feb 2011, 18:28

mayaya wrote:
sherlover wrote:
mayaya wrote:Manga and Anime, specifically BISHIES!!! no, seriously.... BISHIES!!!! if i could i would make a harem with them, its size would be 100x larger than Solomon's :lol:

hahhahaha really great may i join too^_^


Indeed, everyone who loves bishies is welcome ^u^


luv ya buddy^_^
User avatar
sherlover
Moderator
 
Posts: 586
Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 07:12
Location: asia
---------

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron