The Hurricane...

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

The Hurricane...

Postby blanblah on 28 Aug 2011, 05:51

I'm a little bored and a little surprised no one has mentioned it before now (unless I totally missed it, but who knows lol). Anyone else being hit? I'm from PA and while we aren't in the eye, it's pouring and windy. So I was curious. If there is anyone else, where are you from and how bad is it there for you?

I hope everyone is keeping safe and dry. Lots of good thoughts going out to everyone!
blanblah

Re: The Hurricane...

Postby ruby on 28 Aug 2011, 22:07

Well, It' not hitting where I am but I hope everyone on the east coast stays safe...
ruby

Postby sherlover on 29 Aug 2011, 15:35

yeah its really warm and cozy at my place..but later it will become chilly i guess
Last edited by sherlover on 30 Aug 2011, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
sherlover

Postby jollychick on 29 Aug 2011, 18:28

I used to live in New Orleans but moved after hurricane Katrina, so just hearing about another deadly storm activates the PTSD Katrina caused :cry: . I hope and pray everyone makes it through safely.
jollychick

Postby blanblah on 08 Sep 2011, 03:29

This is a bit off topic, but since I started this to talk about the weather at the time, I thought it would fit here. Really, I'm just getting a bit anxious lol. As I said in my first post, I'm from Pa. In like the past month, we've had an earthquake (we actually felt one that originated in VA I think?), then the hurricane (though it ended up being just a lot of rain for my area), and now with all the rain, we are getting flood warnings. This time though, I'm a bit freaked out.

We have a wall between the town and the river, but there are people being evacuated around the area and obviously the wall only goes up so high (some of the posts I've seen said that we are suppose to get more inches than the wall can handle, but then again, who knows). I'm about 4 streets down from the wall, but just the idea of the water even getting close to the top of the wall and going over the wall, is a bit scary. Apparently a lot of the roads are going to be closed due to flooding and well, I'm just freaking out lol. Sorry don't mind me.

You know.. I'm starting to feel like weather girl lol, but it's all I can think about right now, so sorry in case this is a bit annoying/awkward for anyone. Well, I hope no one else is feeling Mother Nature's wrath, though maybe there are a few who want to talk about it too lol? Hope there is no serious flooding or anything else is happening for anyone else.
blanblah

Postby beenz on 09 Sep 2011, 02:45

I had just got back from visiting family and friends in NY and NJ, just missed the mess, first the earthquake and then the hurricane. I was glad to hear that everyone was ok.
beenz

Postby blanblah on 09 Sep 2011, 04:46

Good to hear! Seems like PA is getting hit hard. Most of the towns around me are flooded. We actually had a tornado this year too I believe. It's like anti Pa this year lol. I'm really nervous right now. Tomorrow they decide if we need to be evacuated or not. I feel bad for the people living in the really bad areas and I'm thankful for our wall which seems to be holding and the levee system which must be doing something lol. It's all pretty much a waiting game now, lets just hope no more rain falls... don't think the river can handle it anymore... I know the towns can't.
blanblah

---------

Return to General