STRESS BUSTER

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

STRESS BUSTER

Postby sherlover on 03 Jul 2011, 05:20

hi buddies,
here is a kind of stress buster or you guys..if you are feeling down or you have ur feelings pent up but unable to express.whether you think life is fair or unfair....share it here..hope our readers will help u out :D :D
sherlover

Re: STRESS BUSTER

Postby bakaneko on 04 Jul 2011, 11:09

erm, bakachi have a beef against a local cable tv provider in her country, ASTRO...

ASTRO is so f*cking screwing with its customers! first, they try to raise the monthly subscription fees (despite mediocre services) but was opposed by the cabinet... and NOW they are screwing with the customers by cutting a few of our packages down without consent and then telling us it's a "system error"! and not only that, it will take half a month to "fix" it and during that period, we STILL have to pay for the unwatchable channels! :evil:
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby sherlover on 04 Jul 2011, 14:05

bakaneko wrote:erm, bakachi have a beef against a local cable tv provider in her country, ASTRO...

ASTRO is so f*cking screwing with its customers! first, they try to raise the monthly subscription fees (despite mediocre services) but was opposed by the cabinet... and NOW they are screwing with the customers by cutting a few of our packages down without consent and then telling us it's a "system error"! and not only that, it will take half a month to "fix" it and during that period, we STILL have to pay for the unwatchable channels! :evil:

ahhhh now thats frustrating..these guys dont understand anything about customer satisfaction and act like lazy people when we make a complaint..they dont take any action unless we go to higher authorities..bakachi i think we need to launch personal satellite or send these guys to antarctica or sue them by signing petitions!!
sherlover

Postby jollychick on 05 Jul 2011, 06:21

I guess my gripe is scheduling classes. You know how you're supposed to schedule ahead of time to get the classes you want? Why is that every time I do, I can never....EVER get the classes I want?! Even after I tried scheduling 2 months in advance, the stupid thing is still telling me that certain classes are full. How is that possible?! Are Child Psychology and Japanese Pt.2 really that popular...? Maybe the classes only have 10 seats available...? Guess I'll give it a try next semester... :(...
jollychick

Postby crystalite on 05 Jul 2011, 06:58

Yeah, I totally understand where you are coming from about scheduling classes. It always seems like the classes I need are full, but those I can't take aren't. What always bugs me that they schedule two classes you would think most people take simultaneously at the same time so I have to wait another semester to take one of them. Classes...classes...classes...what can we say...at least it isn't forever...unless well you have grad school
crystalite

Postby sherlover on 05 Jul 2011, 10:09

jollychick wrote:I guess my gripe is scheduling classes. You know how you're supposed to schedule ahead of time to get the classes you want? Why is that every time I do, I can never....EVER get the classes I want?! Even after I tried scheduling 2 months in advance, the stupid thing is still telling me that certain classes are full. How is that possible?! Are Child Psychology and Japanese Pt.2 really that popular...? Maybe the classes only have 10 seats available...? Guess I'll give it a try next semester... :(...

keep trying ..im sure you can make it..but be sure to collect notes from those who attended the classes...many students at our place record these lectures so that those who cant attend them ,may make use of it :D :D
sherlover

Postby Alessa9 on 05 Jul 2011, 18:08

It really is a pain when you want to enroll in a class and you can't because the class is full or you haven't completed the pre-requisite classes. My advise? Go to the class if you still have that period open and see if the teacher can add you. Someone might drop the class and sometimes, the school automatically drops them if they don't attend the class the first week or so. Find out your options before you give up. ;)
Alessa9
Cool User

Postby jollychick on 06 Jul 2011, 04:14

Really good advice!! Never really thought about going to the class anyway, but I'll give it a try. Ha ha ha...the words 'Grad School' sound like some sort of profanity right about now :o . But I also had the same problem of needing to take some biology classes and labs at the same time but somehow the lab was full...so now I have to take separately at a later date! A few years back, I was even allowed to take a 4000 level (senior) class even though I was clearly a freshman. The class was crazy hard too :cry: . The things one must go through for education...
jollychick

Postby bakaneko on 07 Jul 2011, 14:13

sherlover wrote:ahhhh now thats frustrating..these guys dont understand anything about customer satisfaction and act like lazy people when we make a complaint..they dont take any action unless we go to higher authorities..bakachi i think we need to launch personal satellite or send these guys to antarctica or sue them by signing petitions!!

and i was right, i wasn't the only one being screwed... a few of my other friends also are having trouble with astro.. and recently, a friend who never even subscribed to Astro suddenly got a call and an sms telling him his bill is overdue and he should pay it or he'll have to go to court or something about it... WTF indeed, huh?

class.. i'm glad i'm over them... that's why back in my uni days i used to make friends with the clerk at the registration office so if i need to change my schedule or get into a class that was already full, i can always ask for their help... :P
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby crystalite on 09 Jul 2011, 13:32

also, with classes, some universities offer auditing options. Usually, there is some time until first drop period and many people shift in and out of class during those times so it's good to just go to class and listen. If you don't get to take it this semester, it gives you a preview of the workload and how the class will be run.
crystalite

---------

Next

Return to General