SHEIKHS in harlequin

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: SHEIKHS in harlequin

Postby aiMiXue on 13 Dec 2011, 16:38

moongoddess wrote:It's all about having the perfect romance in an exotic setting as you can get. Placing the man and woman on opposite sides of the spectrum (Western women vs Middle Eastern men) simply enhances the thrill, provides good material for misunderstandings and allows the reader to step out of the far from perfect world, in which we all live, into a place where religion and other cultural differences, ethnicity, skin colour etc don't matter in the face of true love.

HOWEVER, although I love escapism, I lived in the Middle East for a year and I don't particularly like Arab men. Not saying all of them are bad, they are not, but
from my experience dating rich Arab men (not kidding), they are much better in the HQ books. But then again, all men are! ;)

I so agree with you! (except I've never dated an Arab guy xD)
aiMiXue

Postby bakaneko on 30 Jan 2012, 02:15

moongoddess wrote:HOWEVER, although I love escapism, I lived in the Middle East for a year and I don't particularly like Arab men. Not saying all of them are bad, they are not, but from my experience dating rich Arab men (not kidding), they are much better in the HQ books. But then again, all men are! ;)

you date RICH arab men? O.O wow!! can't find any around here.. lol

but like you said, all men sounds better in books than real life.. even rich men in my country are well, really pathetic.. i think men in my country are a lot worst.. they aren't rich, and they aren't romantic at all... they expect their women to be docile and pretty all the time... if you have an opinion of your own, then you're not ladylike and not wife material.. :lol:
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby romance20 on 02 Feb 2012, 08:12

well i myself like it because it seem so rugged and wild, that you can't help but like it. ;)
romance20
Cool User

Postby bakaneko on 06 Feb 2012, 07:05

romance20 wrote:well i myself like it because it seem so rugged and wild, that you can't help but like it. ;)

*nod nod*

kinda like how i like when the hero is a red indian, or a wild scotsmen or something... there's something like an animal magnetism that drew you to them that's hard to explain... i myself thought i would like a well groomed man but sometimes i can't help but be attracted to er, some sort of 'wild' men.. :lol:

now i sound like a perv... sorry... i'll sit in a corner and drown in my own self-pitiness... :cry:
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby Alessa9 on 10 Feb 2012, 13:14

bakaneko wrote:
romance20 wrote:well i myself like it because it seem so rugged and wild, that you can't help but like it. ;)

*nod nod*

kinda like how i like when the hero is a red indian, or a wild scotsmen or something... there's something like an animal magnetism that drew you to them that's hard to explain... i myself thought i would like a well groomed man but sometimes i can't help but be attracted to er, some sort of 'wild' men.. :lol:

now i sound like a perv... sorry... i'll sit in a corner and drown in my own self-pitiness... :cry:

Oh, I know what you mean! It's always a thrill when there's something uncivilized about a man. It makes you feel more feminine and in some cases, irresistible. They go for what they want and anyone in their way better scatter! Reminds me of the male characters from Lisa Kleypas' books. They're just fabulous!
Alessa9
Cool User

Postby bakaneko on 11 Feb 2012, 01:08

Alessa9 wrote:
bakaneko wrote:

*nod nod*

Oh, I know what you mean! It's always a thrill when there's something uncivilized about a man. It makes you feel more feminine and in some cases, irresistible. They go for what they want and anyone in their way better scatter! Reminds me of the male characters from Lisa Kleypas' books. They're just fabulous!

yeah, i like confident men coz maybe since i'm a bit lacking in the confidence department myself, so confident men really turns me on... i think maybe we are always attracted to something opposite or something? i don't know, but that could be it in my case... lol
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby Alessa9 on 11 Feb 2012, 19:22

bakaneko wrote:
Alessa9 wrote:
bakaneko wrote:

*nod nod*

yeah, i like confident men coz maybe since i'm a bit lacking in the confidence department myself, so confident men really turns me on... i think maybe we are always attracted to something opposite or something? i don't know, but that could be it in my case... lol

Confidence is certainly a must-have trait in men. I mean, who wants to be with a wimp? Men who are confident in themselves always have this aura that surrounds them and make them very attractive. But too much confidence can also turn into arrogance and make some think that they're much better than anyone else. That's a turn off for me!

I've read tons of Harlequin Romance Novels and one of their main objective is to make one dream about the "what ifs." If you pay attention to the typical male characters in Harlequin Present novels, you'll find that the men are always handsome and very confident. Who wouldn't fall for them? I always do! ;)
Alessa9
Cool User

---------

Previous

Return to General