Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Postby sherlover on 19 Jan 2012, 06:11

have you guys heard about the sopa thing?..so many sites are not functioning because of it..cant figure out whether its good or bad..anyway aerysa plz post one shots too would love to read them just like silvery said :D :D
sherlover

Postby aerysa on 20 Jan 2012, 00:22

silvery wrote:Sure, I'd love to read one of your stories. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done :mrgreen:
And don't be embarrassed. They are your labours of love... :)

haha, so true, so true... I don't even know how many endless hours I spend on these things... XD
But thanks~

sherlover wrote:have you guys heard about the sopa thing?..so many sites are not functioning because of it..cant figure out whether its good or bad..anyway aerysa plz post one shots too would love to read them just like silvery said :D :D

Sopa? Like that internet thing...? I don't know too much about it, but from a first glance, seems like it'd be a bad thing. We definitely wouldn't be able to share stuff like we're doing now. From what I understand, it's trying to protect the owner's rights to certain material - like intellectual property. But the reaches of this stuff on the internet is far and wide (since it's completely global), so it'd probably kill a lot of sites. At least, that's the main complaint where they'd kill the internet for the general population based on what a minority of people do. Something like that? haha, won't pretend that I know too much about it.

Anyways, sure~ I'll see which ones I like and post them the next time around. I'll find some other stuff to post too. Downloaded a new batch of stuff and some of them seem really interesting :mrgreen:
aerysa
Cool User

Postby sherlover on 21 Jan 2012, 15:56

yup that is what i was talking about aerysa!!

and does anyone here have books by Cindy Holbrook? :? :roll: :D :D
sherlover

Postby rubenz on 24 Jan 2012, 01:41

sherlover wrote:have you guys heard about the sopa thing?..so many sites are not functioning because of it..cant figure out whether its good or bad..anyway aerysa plz post one shots too would love to read them just like silvery said :D :D

SOPA is definitely is a bad thing for me.... I can't download stuff anymore from internet. Megaupload, filesonic, fileserve and others file hosting are down....
rubenz
Elite Member

Postby sherlover on 24 Jan 2012, 18:05

rubenz wrote:

SOPA is definitely is a bad thing for me.... I can't download stuff anymore from internet. Megaupload, filesonic, fileserve and others file hosting are down....

yes all the sites are down..felt very bad.. :cry: :cry:
sherlover

Postby aerysa on 25 Jan 2012, 00:00

rubenz wrote:SOPA is definitely is a bad thing for me.... I can't download stuff anymore from internet. Megaupload, filesonic, fileserve and others file hosting are down....

Uggh... I know!! MU was the first to go that I know of since people actually got arrested... And after that, everyone's trying to be safe and cover their *****, so the others followed suit.

Anyways, since 4shared is still working for now... Here's some of my short stories.

Written for a contest for this forum that I was part of aaages ago. There were a number of starting sentences that we could chose to base the story off of.

Based on the nursery rhyme... Lol~

About a girl's life after a tragic accident.

Mm, about a girl who gets to spend one last summer with the boy she has a crush on.

A fairytale type story with a prince and princess(-ish)...

About a girl who finds out she has special powers...

Oh my gosh... Well aren't those just the most interesting summaries ever?! :lol: :lol:
Seriously, I'm terrible at writing them and the stories are so short anyways, that to give a summary basically gives away the whole story. I haven't read them in a long time, but Crimson has the most work done on it since I even had my friend edit it and everything. Summer Time Love is the longest, but uh... The storyline is rather mediocre since I'm long past the HS age now... :mrgreen:

Honestly, I don't know what else to say :P
aerysa
Cool User

Postby jeannemiki on 25 Jan 2012, 01:11

aerysa-san just got finished with A Fairytale for Charlotte and that was a very very nice read funny :D and the ohh my god what comes next effect couldn't help my self but smile :) while reading it was really swwweeettt ;) :lol: i really liked it and i think your great at this :D
jeannemiki

Postby aerysa on 25 Jan 2012, 23:50

jeannemiki wrote:aerysa-san just got finished with A Fairytale for Charlotte and that was a very very nice read funny :D and the ohh my god what comes next effect couldn't help my self but smile :) while reading it was really swwweeettt ;) :lol: i really liked it and i think your great at this :D

Awww, thanks!! :oops: And yes, it's really sweet, just the way I like it. haha, I'm such a sucker for sappy sweet moments!!~

The second story is supposed to be about Emma and the third is supposed to be Natalie's story. I wanted to interweave the two so that they happen around the same time, except I don't have any ideas for a suitable man for Natalie... :lol:

Anyways, glad you liked it!!
aerysa
Cool User

Postby silvery on 02 Feb 2012, 01:54

Sorry, what with work and Chinese New Year, I've been preoccupied :P

Anyway, I've started on Fairytale for Charlotte but have yet to finish it. Will let you know when I'm done aerysa :D.

In the meantime, I've finished:
The naked duke by Sally McKenzie
This one was a good read. The plot was simple, had humour but wasn't afraid to talk about the "darker, hidden life" of regency peers. Heroine came off a bit insecure though. Worth reading and pursuing the other "Naked series".

The seduction of an English Lady by Cathy Maxwell
Was quite good in my opinion. Two bullheaded strong-willed people who both want the same thing but can't compromise. The hero knows who he is and isn't afraid to voice his opinions out, even if it means losing something he's always wanted.

Bride by mistake by Anne Gracie
Loved it. :mrgreen: Read it. Do you think Marcus will have a story of his own? (For some reason, I have got a total crush on him :P )

Desperately seeking a duke by Celeste Bradley
Part one of the Heiress brides trilogy, it's quite a good read (although based on past experience and the summaries, I think book 3 will be the best) The story's pace was good, a splash of humour here and there and the plot ties all three books in such a way you have to read in order...

That's all for now. And Wishing the Chinese Happy Chinese New Year, may the year of the Dragon bring lots of luck and other good stuff :D
silvery

Postby aerysa on 05 Feb 2012, 00:27

silvery wrote:Sorry, what with work and Chinese New Year, I've been preoccupied :P

Anyway, I've started on Fairytale for Charlotte but have yet to finish it. Will let you know when I'm done aerysa :D.

I know what you mean! I'm still super busy since I'm in a transition period for work... Ugh. Haven't had as much time to myself as I had hoped and I'm falling behind on all sorts of things.

But yeah, let me know what you think! hehe, maybe I'll be inspired to work on the next story XD
aerysa
Cool User

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General