Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Postby Seraja on 14 Jan 2012, 02:30

ai_asuka wrote:
Thanks a lot Seraja! Ok, I've convert the .html file to .pdf and about the many separated chapter i merge to one pdf file so here it is... The Devil's Web...

The Devil's Web by Mary Balogh

contribution from Seraja....

Thank you for converting it, now it will be an easier read :-)
I never got to learn how to do that! I should... sometime...

@silvery: I do love Julia Quinn! She is one of my favourite writers along with Lisa Kleypas and Christine Feehan :-)
Seraja

Postby aerysa on 15 Jan 2012, 04:57

Oh, this is too awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the Mary Balogh books, Seraja and ai_asuka!! :mrgreen:

Welcome back, moongoddess!~
aerysa
Cool User

Postby ai_asuka on 15 Jan 2012, 15:13

aerysa wrote:Oh, this is too awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the Mary Balogh books, Seraja and ai_asuka!! :mrgreen:

Welcome back, moongoddess!~

You're most welcome Seraja and Aerysa and welcome back Moon~

Sharing time...Anthology by Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas and Kinley MacGregor... (Julia Quinn story titled 'A Tale of Two Sisters' is about Ned Blydon mention in the Splendid Trilogy(Splendid, Dancing at Midnight, Minx) as Arabella Blydon's brother.. FYI.

and next... I know most of you don't like Contemporary romance as much as historical but i'm sharing anyway... :P Lisa Kleypas Contemporary Romances...

Travis Series...

SHE'S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS
Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas---if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

HE'S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN'T HAVE
When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon---a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.

WILL THEY FIND THEIR HEARTS' DESIRES OR WILL HEARTBREAK TEAR THEM APART?
Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.

------------------------------------------------

MEET THE BLUE-EYED DEVIL

His name is Hardy Cates. He's a self-made millionaire who comes from the wrong side of the tracks. He's made enemies in the rough-and-tumble ride to the top of Houston's oil industry. He's got hot blood in his veins. And vengeance on his mind.

MEET THE HEIRESS
She's Haven Travis. Despite her family's money, she refuses to set out on the path they've chosen for her. But when Haven marries a man her family disapproves of, her life is set on a new and dangerous course. Two years later, Haven comes home, determined to guard her heart. And Hardy Cates, a family enemy, is the last person she needs darkening her door or setting her soul on fire.

WATCH THE SPARKS FLY. . . .
Filled with Lisa Kleypas's trademark sensuality, filled with characters you love to hate and men you love to love, Blue-Eyed Devil will hold you captive in its storytelling power as the destiny of two people unfolds with every magical word.

------------------------------------------------------

HE’S ONE SMOOTH TALKER…
A billionaire playboy, and all-around ladies’ man, Jake Travis has a reputation as big as the state of Texas. He drives too fast, lives too hard, and loves too many women to count.

SHE’S ALL BUSINESS …
In her advice column, and her love life, Ella Varner is always practical. So when she’s left holding her reckless sister’s baby, she decides to ask Jake Travis to take a paternity test.

THE TIME FOR TALKING IS OVER. . . .
Ella is instantly struck by Jake’s bold good looks and easy charm -- but she’s not falling for his sweet talk. This big sexy tomcat needs to take responsibility for his actions, and Ella’s making him stick to his word. Now if she can only ignore the unspoken attraction that smolders between them…

-------------------------------------------------------

From Nolan Series... though the other book is not out yet.

ONE LITTLE GIRL NEEDS A FAMILY

One rain-slicked night, six-year-old Holly lost the only parent she knew, her beloved mother Victoria. And since that night, she has never again spoken a word.

ONE SINGLE MAN NEEDS A WIFE

The last thing Mark Nolan needs is a six-year-old girl in his life. But he soon realizes that he will do everything he can to make her life whole again. His sister’s will gives him the instructions: There’s no other choice but you. Just start by loving her. The rest will follow.

SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A LITTLE MAGIC…

Maggie Collins doesn’t dare believe in love again, after losing her husband of one year. But she does believe in the magic of imagination. As the owner of a toy shop, she lives what she loves. And when she meets Holly Nolan, she sees a little girl in desperate need of a little magic.

…TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE

Three lonely people. Three lives at the crossroads. Three people who are about to discover that Christmas is the time of year when anything is possible, and when wishes have a way of finding the path home…

ai_asuka

Postby sherlover on 15 Jan 2012, 17:29

thnx asuka san...its refreshing to read contemporaries sometimes.. its not like we only read regencies ahem just a lil biased lol..anyway thnx for the new books :D :D :D keep it coming :D :D
sherlover

Postby ruby on 15 Jan 2012, 21:16

Thanxs for all the new reads, my Sunday is looking up..... :D
ruby

Postby aerysa on 15 Jan 2012, 22:12

sherlover wrote:thnx asuka san...its refreshing to read contemporaries sometimes.. its not like we only read regencies ahem just a lil biased lol..anyway thnx for the new books :D :D :D keep it coming :D :D

Ahaha, so true, so true...

Thanks for sharing asuka-san!! ^__^
aerysa
Cool User

Postby Seraja on 16 Jan 2012, 20:10

Oh, I love all of Julia Quinn's books, BUT I absolutely recommend "Christmas Eve At Friday Harbour". It's so sweet and wonderful, there is so much feeling. I can't wait for the other ones!!!
And yes the story of Ned Blydon is also wondeful :-)

Does anyone know Amy J. Fetzer?
These are some of my favourites contemporary-adventurous ones:

Perfect Weapon
Stay alive. That's all Dr. Sydney Hale can think. In one terrifying minute, her life was turned upside down. Now, the cops think she's a murder suspect, the government wants her to come in, and somebody will do anything, including kill, to get the knowledge only she has. Alone, she'll never survive on the run. What she needs is a perfect weapon, and Marine Jack Wilson just may be the answer to her prayers.

Download:

ALIAS
What ever happened to Darcy Steele?
In high school, she was everyone's best friend. But times had changed for Darcy Steele. These days she was a single other living in the shadows following a marriage gone dangerously wrong. Not even her dearest friends knew what had become of her. Until one of the friends was murdered. . .
Now Darcy was determined to get answer about her friend's death, even if that meant coming home and facing some hard truths. Like the fact that her beloved alma mater could be harboring the seeds of evil. And the one man she trusted might not be all that he seemed. Darcy should have run for her life. Except she couldn't - not when the lives of those she loved were at stake. . .
Download:

If these two-hundred-year-old walls could talk, they'd tell of The Master, Cain Blackmon, presiding over his vast empire from the confines of an antebellum mansion, in a prison of his own making.
And of Phoebe Delongpree, who demanded sanctuary, destroying Cain's peace and pushing the limits of his self-control - the same woman who enslaved the recluse with a single kiss years ago.
Inside these four walls, the two of them could indulge their passion. They were safe. But the outside world beckoned, threatening their haven. Would Phoebe ever be able to pull Cain away from the lure of Nine Oaks.and the ghosts that held him in their grasp?

(If anyone is intertested in more, just ask :-) I also have istorical ones! )
Seraja

Postby silvery on 17 Jan 2012, 07:23

Where's my hero! :mrgreen: I've wanted to read Ned's story for a while now... thanks asuka :D

As usual, a review of the books I've read:
The Risande Series
Lord of desire
I haven't read historical romances in ages. It's so nice to return to them :D It's set in the middle ages before William the Conqueror takes over England. Fictional with the right touch of history. Brynna's my favourite kind of heroine, strong and passionate. For those who want to give historical romance a try.

Lord of temptation
Story-wise I have nothing to fault. Except for the use of rake... the word did not come into use until the 1600s, so it rather irked me :| still, a good read. Should try.

Lord of seduction
My favourite among the three (this is starting to become a habit...) Young heroine leaving her home and everything familiar to her to start a new life with her husband in a place foreign to her.
Reminds me (a little) of The Wedding by Julie Garwood, which was the first romance novel I've ever read, incidentally...
silvery

Postby aerysa on 18 Jan 2012, 08:09

So... Something a little different, but anyone care to read some amateur writing?? Lol, shameless plug.

Anyways, a while back my hosting site died on me so I lost my little website for my writing. Most of the stuff I write now is fanfiction anyways, so it'd be on FF.net, but there are several stories that are original ones.

Some of them are stupid, even though I did finish it and yeah... Don't like it for various reasons, but there are a few that I do like :lol:

Stories (I hate to call them books since they're not published) by yours truly :mrgreen:

Since I lost the site, I lost all the summaries since I wasn't brilliant enough to have it written on paper. And I hate writing the summary, so yeah... I had to re-write the darn things.

All of them can probably use a lot more editing, but hey! That takes time and I'm my own editor, so it'll have to do.

Paradise Party

Summary:
Paradise, a place where all material needs and desires are fulfilled, is based on exclusive invitation only where the opportunity to live there came only once in a lifetime. Together with her friends, Maraina joined the party to face unusual situations, old acquaintances, new friends, as well as secret plots. With this prestigious offer came unexpected changes whether they be good or bad. Amidst the whirlwind of her roles, she must figure out the truth about her nature and find her heart's true desire.

This was my second completed story that I wrote about 8, almost 9 years ago now. I was so awesome at writing that the characters don't even have last names... :lol: Unless I've gone back to edit them in, but I don't think I did. The setting is probably really unrealistic, but otherwise, I like the story XD

Operation Masquerade

Summary:
Sequel to Paradise Party

Twenty-five and single, Brett Schleiden's biggest problem was that he wasn't looking. With his older brother already married and with a daughter, their parents only had him to harass regarding that subject.
He was content with life the way it was, so what was a guy to do; to get nagging parents off his back?

With his career heading down the toilet, Alex Vickar had enough to handle on his plate - being the PR for the advertising company under fire for scandal. He wanted to know what went wrong, just as much as the next person! The addition of a pesky reporter increasing his stress level did not help. He just wanted to be left alone, so what could he do to get her off his case?

haha, I can't believe there's actually a sequel... And there was supposed to be a third connected story that has yet to be written. This one is pretty fun too, but of course I'm biased since I wrote the darn thing :D

A Fairytale for Charlotte

Summary:
Finally finishing high school, Charlotte Newbury was excited to go on the family trip her parents had promised once she graduated. Yet unexpectedly, her father was to bring along the "new guy" from work since the trip was booked and paid for by his company. How unfair! Her best friend hadn't been allowed to come, so why him? Why now? Determined to hate him and make life miserable for him whenever possible, there was something about Hayden Montgomery that Charlotte did not know.

This one is pretty old too, probably about 6 or 7 years old, but it's still my favourite! Likewise, the last names for characters came after the whole thing was written - an afterthought. It's supposed to be part of a trilogy, as book 1, but the other 2 stories aren't even written... XD Well, one is started and the other one is just a hope since I don't have ideas for it.

So yeah~ If you read it, lemme know what you think :oops: :oops:
(These are just the uh, book-length stories since I also have various one-shot/short stories.)
aerysa
Cool User

Postby silvery on 19 Jan 2012, 00:12

aerysa wrote:So... Something a little different, but anyone care to read some amateur writing?? Lol, shameless plug.

Anyways, a while back my hosting site died on me so I lost my little website for my writing. Most of the stuff I write now is fanfiction anyways, so it'd be on FF.net, but there are several stories that are original ones.

Some of them are stupid, even though I did finish it and yeah... Don't like it for various reasons, but there are a few that I do like :lol:

Stories (I hate to call them books since they're not published) by yours truly :mrgreen:

Since I lost the site, I lost all the summaries since I wasn't brilliant enough to have it written on paper. And I hate writing the summary, so yeah... I had to re-write the darn things.

All of them can probably use a lot more editing, but hey! That takes time and I'm my own editor, so it'll have to do.

So yeah~ If you read it, lemme know what you think :oops: :oops:
(These are just the uh, book-length stories since I also have various one-shot/short stories.)

Sure, I'd love to read one of your stories. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done :mrgreen:
And don't be embarrassed. They are your labours of love... :)
silvery

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General