Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Postby moongoddess on 07 Oct 2011, 01:42

Hey guys!

When I read the releases of "Sheikh's Ransomed Bride" scanlation here I decided to get a copy of the original book. Now I would like to share it. :D I enjoyed it and I am sure you will to! I will try to share some more from time to time and if anyone else has other ebooks they want to share then feel free to put them up in this thread too.

Just click on the image of the book and you will taken to a page where you can download the original novel in PDF.

Sheikh's Ransomed Bride:

This is my first time using 4share, so tell me if it does not work!
moongoddess

Re: Sharing Harlequin and other ebooks

Postby aerysa on 08 Oct 2011, 02:25

4shared is good for stuff like that! I wanted to read the original stories of the scanlations we get here. I didn't find all of them, but I found some. If you just type in the name of the author, most of them get hits - some more than others. I downloaded lots, but I haven't had any time to read them :P

Anyways, thanks for sharing! ^^
aerysa
Cool User

Postby moongoddess on 09 Oct 2011, 00:15

aerysa wrote:4shared is good for stuff like that! I wanted to read the original stories of the scanlations we get here. I didn't find all of them, but I found some. If you just type in the name of the author, most of them get hits - some more than others. I downloaded lots, but I haven't had any time to read them :P

Anyways, thanks for sharing! ^^

Thanks for the info! You know as silly as it sounds I did not look for any others. :( I am just so busy! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am working plus trying to get into graduate school and this is driving me NUTS! I also will be writing the GREs in a few weeks. I get tired just writing about all the stuff I have to do! LOL!

Anyways... Nice to know you have some of them. I have a few more Harlequin/Mills and Boon in PDF format, even some older ones from the 70s, 80s and early 90s. Most of the earlier romance novels are really nice because they do very nice descriptions of exotic places like Greece, Brazil, Italy, Hawaii etc. However, you will quickly notice that the women in the books of this era are more timid, shy and of course less sexually aware, so sometimes I have to ask myself WTH? By today's standards the girls seem naive but that in itself is sometimes nice to see, but it makes the hero of the book seem larger than life since he usually contrasts with the heroine so sharply!

Oh, does anyone like Regency Romance? I will have to put up one of those too.
moongoddess

Postby aerysa on 09 Oct 2011, 20:56

Oh yeah, it's busy being a student... I'm so glad I'm done with that ^^ Even though, it's still difficult to find time to read for one reason or another... Lol, different distractions everywhere. Good luck with your exams and schooling!

Yeah, I was surprised that they were shared. A lot of them were in a different language... I think Spanish?? Though, you have to be careful since some of them were only reviews. I didn't have a chance to check all of them. Also, you'll find them in different formats - PDF, Word documents, HTML links, e-book reader files... (I need to organize them.)

Regency Romances? Looove them! They're actually the type of romance novels I prefer :mrgreen: I love reading about their elaborate dresses and the whole hierarchy thing - dukes and duchesses, etc. They're a lot more fun with all the intrigue and what not... At least to me XD
aerysa
Cool User

Postby moongoddess on 12 Oct 2011, 18:01

The Black Knight

Description from the back:
When Sandy first set eyes on the dark, unsmiling Lymond Caldwell, she was reminded of a knight of olden days. And like a chivalrous knight, he seemed to be constantly rescuing her from some predicament or other. But she must beware of being too grateful to him-- for to fall in love with him would be disastrous!

I remember enjoying this book and Lymond was sexy even though he could seem unfeeling at times. Beware, this is a book from 1977 so there isn't any smut, and also it is one of those books were the heroine isn't even aware that she can attract a man like Lymond. This is an example of what I was talking about in my post above. The girls from this era were not aware of their own sexuality and would therefore shy away from it. I was like that when I read this book and I so enjoyed it. Now, that I am a little wiser and more mature, these books don't have the same magic they once had for me, but they are still great books especially for younger women.
Last edited by moongoddess on 13 Oct 2011, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.
moongoddess

Postby moongoddess on 12 Oct 2011, 18:11

Temple of Fire

Would love rise from the ashes of tragedy?

Julian Standford had everything: looks, virility, intelligence and money. The perfect gentleman - if gentlemen were also heartless and ruthless!

Unfortunately, Fleur's little stepbrother was a Standford, too, and the only way she could be with him was to live under the same roof as Julian.

For the sake of her stepbrother, she'd try to forget how the Standfords had ruined her life. But Julian seemed determined to continue the destruction...

Hmmm... this one. I want a man like Julian!!! :oops: Did I say that aloud? :mrgreen:

So again this young woman was a little unaware of how attractive she was but she was really spunky! She wasn't afraid to stand up for what she believed in. There is also a secondary romance story in this one with her aunt which was really cute. I also recommend this!

Okay... Last recommendation for the day:

Pagan Adversary

"Alex is a wild man - a true pagan!"

Harriet had forgotten her dead brother-in-law's words until she stood opposite the fiercest opponent of her life - the autocratic and unyielding Alex Marcos. He had no scruples about taking her orphaned nephew, Nicky, away from her, claiming the boy was his heir.

But Harriet wouldn't let Nicky go - even if it meant abandoning herself to the savage demands of Alex's lovemaking.

For if the only weapon she had to fight Alex with was the effect her body had on his, then she'd use it, no matter what the cost!

Alex was hwat and Harriet, again was shy and unaware, but this title was a little more saucy! They both cared deeply for their nephew and this is what brought them together... well that and a spicy desire for each other.

Note: There seems to be some a grammatical mistakes here and there... I think that some of these were typed by fans and then made into a pdf. Just a warning!

Enjoy!
moongoddess

Postby moongoddess on 12 Oct 2011, 18:45

A Change of Heart

Description:

Friend or Lover?

Lady Mary Haviland knew better than to think she ever would wed. No gentleman would woo a woman as long on the shelf or as plain as she was. In fact, her lack of the usual enticements made it easy for her to develop uncomplicated friendships, even with the most dangerous of rakes.

Mary could laugh, then, at the rumors about her and the Marquess of Pemerton. Why would the most irresistible lord in London want her as anything more than a friend? What could she offer him that a legion of beauties did not already freely give this legendary rake? How could anyone guess his hold on her heart, when she kept her feelings hidden so well? But all her questions faded before the greatest question of all--when he asked her to be his bride. Now Mary faced the peril of the impossible dream coming terrifyingly true....

This one I enjoyed immensely. It is a Regency Romance with an intelligent, witty heroine who feels unattractive (with good reason). The hero, although he was flawed and sometimes had deceitful intentions, you couldn't help but like him. Yes, he was a rake and he was untruthful to Mary, but he really didn't mean to hurt her. Don't worry... It was a happy ending. Definitely read this one, ladies!
moongoddess

Postby moongoddess on 17 Oct 2011, 04:59

:( No replies...

Just kidding! :lol:

Okay so I just finished reading Ugly Girlfriend and wanted to share.

Description:
LaToya Jenkins is the quintessential woman: smart, successful, grounded and determined. She only has one problem socially - she's overweight. As the "big one" of her girlfriends, she often faces rejection from the men of their social circle because of her size and/or her dark skin. And due to a painful past relationship, she gives up on love completely until, she takes on Mitchell "Mitch" O'Keefe as a new client.

The Irish born architect needs a professional cleaning service to help him literrally clean up his life after a nasty divorce, but he winds up finding a true friend in LaToya, the owner of It's An Honor Cleaning Service.

While LaToya is handicapped emotionally by her baggage, Mitch thinks she's the strongest woman he's ever seen and breath of fresh air in his hectic life. His only goal is to prove to her that his interest in her is more than lust sparked by curiosity.

Okay so here is my opinion. I LOVED this novella! Now, I found this story by mistake but I am really glad I did. The characters are very well developed and they are written in a realistic way so it is easy to identify with them at times, the romance is not rushed (you can see the two people really falling in love), AND you have a very happy and satisfying ending.

I read the entire thing in one sitting. Hope you all like it.
moongoddess

Postby silvery on 21 Oct 2011, 02:32

just got back from a course...

been meaning to tell you how much i liked "a change of heart". will probably be trying the other novellas you recommended. :D
silvery

Postby sherlover on 21 Oct 2011, 15:58

omg its treasure here...awesome contribution moon!! :D :D :D arigatou
sherlover

---------

Next

Return to General