Read Mills and Boons Online

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: Read Mills and Boons Online

Postby romance20 on 02 Oct 2011, 17:47

thanks for sharing, so many books to read and this one looks good :D
if you find any other great sites with good books of harlequin to read you should post it. ;)
romance20
Cool User

Postby moongoddess on 05 Oct 2011, 05:01

aerysa wrote:I know what you mean! It's hard to find the time to settle down and read a good book these days. So many other things going on. I'll try it out when I have the chance! Thanks~

I could not agree with this more. It is driving me crazy! All I want to do is curl up in bed with a nice book, but by the time I get some alone time I am crazy tired. Even now I should be sleeping, but I don't get any time to do anything fun, so I am forcing myself to stay awake for maybe another half an hour and read something!

@Romance20. You're welcome. Don't forget to tell us the names any you read and enjoy so we could try them too... Well if I have time! LOL!
moongoddess

Postby silvery on 06 Oct 2011, 03:51

this is what happens when i have too much time... :|

anyway i've read 3 at random so far:

Blackmailed into the prince's bed by Olivia Gates
Millionaire and prince who falls in love with his employee. But she's not responding so he's even more intrigued. There's blackmail and betrayal and a whole lot of misunderstanding.

20 chapters long but the chapters are about 2-3 pages only. good read, a bit heavy on the smut (meaning more than one chapter... heck, they're making out in the first chapter) I liked the characters but it feels like the hero's not properly developed.

Designer Sex by Heather MacAllister
A prim and proper music teacher at odds with her handsome, playboy neighbor. Then she gets a chance to win a home makeover in a reality show called "designer sex". The problem is, she has to play it with her neighbor...

8 chapters, feels a little rushed. a little bit of smut but hey, it's a M&B.

Desert Prince, Bartered Bride by Marguerite Kaye (also available on the Harlequin website)

Historical romance with a sheik. :mrgreen: Diplomat's daughter disguises herself as a man to meet the sheik in order to save her father. Sheik sees through her disguise but offers her a chance... become his bride.

20 chapters, main characters are ok, but the supporting characters are one-two dimensional. Yes, there's smut.

That's all i managed to read so far, when i read others, i'll post them here, if you guys want me to.
silvery

Postby aerysa on 08 Oct 2011, 02:20

Oh whoa, that's a lot of reading! haha, good to see that you read some of the ones that I thought sounded interesting.

I think that's pretty typical of romance stories... That the characters are kind of flat, especially supporting characters. And it's not surprising for ones that are only 8 chapters long. And yes, of course there has to be smut thrown in there... Lol~

That's moving pretty fast in the first one though... You don't even know the characters yet and they're jumping all over each other... XD

Make sure you review if you get a chance to read more! :mrgreen:
aerysa
Cool User

Postby silvery on 10 Oct 2011, 02:16

I really have too much time... ;)

Another three so far...

A forever mother by Laura Abbot

Ten year old Henry adores his coach his coach Maggie because she makes him feel special. He likes her so much he decides to play matchmaker between her and his single father, Eric.

20 chapters and I like this one a lot! The characters are well developed, and most of the side characters get more than one mention. It doesn't feel rushed and I know I sniffled at some of the parts. There's no smut, just a sweet love drama.

By honour bound by Julia Justiss

Jenna has been following her father wherever the the British Army Colonel has been posted. She's had to face a lot of hardships but the worst is probably falling in love with one of her father's soldiers, Major Garret. Garret came to the war to die, after being jilted by another. He's not interested in love and that's the most painful thing for Jenna, who's trying not to wear her heart on her sleeve.

20 chapters as well, and the story's interesting. Good pace and character development, you can summon some dislike for the villain. There wasn't any mention of action, which is a pity (it's a war romance after all) There's no smut, just hints of what's to come and all.

From lust to love by Cathy Williams

Ellie went to Vegas to overcome her grief of her father's death. There, she had a one night stand with Leo. She's shocked and guilty of her impulsive behaviour and runs all the back to England, with consequences. Meanwhile, Leo's engaged to be married to a wealthy socialite and wants to put an end to the hurt Ellie put him through, face to face.

20 chapters, and another good story. Characters that have a part to play are well developed. The pace is fine although it happens in a span of less than a week... And after the first two stories, YES, there's smut XD
silvery

Postby aerysa on 10 Oct 2011, 21:02

Lol, you're going to turn into our resident book reviewer at this rate! :mrgreen:

I love it when little kids play matchmaker~ That's so cute~ I'll have to find some time to read that first one.
aerysa
Cool User

Postby silvery on 11 Oct 2011, 02:16

Looks like it ;)

It seems like i joined my division at the wrong time (maybe right, if you look at it from a different angle) and have no real work to do. :P

Here's another three:

Girl gone sole by Joanne Rock

Casting director Kasey has vowed to go solo after being stood up at her own engagement party but her one and only one-night-stand, Myles has other plans...

20 chapters and an ok read. I feel like there's no reason why the two main characters are drawn to each other, other than sex. Could have been a better read if everything was more than just on the surface.

Hot flash by Donna Kauffman

Photographer Shea's been assigned to take photos of the local heroes to be compiled into a calendar. She's managed to convince fireman Ryan, who's also her brother's best friend, to pose for it. But is that all she wants?

For 8 chapters, this one's quite good. Since the two main characters are childhood friends, it's more of a realization and admitting of each others feelings. A bit of smut but a sweet story anyway.

Judi and the beast by Dianne Drake

When Judi rushes a puppy she accidentally 'ran over' to the vet, she's been told she has to keep the pup while it recovers. Judi's too busy with her job to keep a puppy, but with a handsome vet like Mike who does house calls, who is she to say no?

20 chapters and should be classified as a romantic comedy. The story doesn't feel rushed, and the puppy even gets a speaking role(sort of). A light-hearted romance with hints of smut.
silvery

Postby moongoddess on 12 Oct 2011, 17:51

WOW! Look at all the reviews! So happy that you are enjoying the stories. When I get my life back I will read these.

I am going to post links to some books I read when I was a little younger, round 18-20 in my Sharing ebooks link, so make sure you guys take a look at those.
moongoddess

Postby jeannemiki on 12 Oct 2011, 22:34

grinn :D see i said i it is not good to have to much time on your hands :lol: :lol: but i`m glad i`m not alone with to much time and i see no need to wright a review it`s already done the story's are at some point rushed the endings some good some not so good some sizzling hot :oops: some a little silly :roll: but all in all a good read but please don`t ask me which was which cause i have nearly read them all but the one JUDIE & THE BEAST was cute well the puppy was :D
jeannemiki

Postby silvery on 13 Oct 2011, 00:50

I know what you mean, Jeanne, but there are some that are better than others, and some that really is too rushed. Might as well let others know so they can read selectively :D
silvery

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General