Opinion on Harlequin comics

Talk about our projects here.
No ''THANK YOU'' post here please!

Re: Opinion on Harlequin comics

Postby rubenz on 11 Mar 2011, 04:34

Ferbalicious wrote:
lilymaeg wrote:I didn't really think I'd like these, but now I'm hooked. :D

Same here. Although I love a good romance but I dislike the ones that are too mushy or sappy :p.
I always look at the cover first and those novels always have a typical cover(at least the ones I always see); A woman swooning in the arms of muscled man and when I see such a cover I have the immediate urge to put it back on the bookshelf.
So I didn't think, I would be reading those...but here I am, completely hooked ^^

It's nice, reading such a fairytale, once in a while...

I totally agree with you, and yeah the cover art really ruin ur imagination. One day I saw the book with the cover where a man put his arms around the girl's waist and they are almost kissing, and the men has a mustache (its not I dont like mustache man but the scene is kinda mushy2 for me and the art is kinda "not good"). But I was so bored and already read all of my books and decided to read it and I totally love the book! And now I totally ignored the cover on any books lol :D
rubenz
Elite Member

Postby Zenithlea on 15 Mar 2011, 16:11

My opinion on Harlequin comics are they're easy to read and don't require a lot of concentration to figure out what's going on. Plus, I like the fact it compresses said harlequin romance story down - easier to flip back in the pages to look for particular moments as well. :p

Not that I don't like reading, but sometimes the brain just needs mindless fluff and eye candy.
Zenithlea

Postby amivaj on 24 May 2011, 03:54

I like reading historical romance novels, so when I discovered harlqin, I thought this combines both my love for manga and historical novels. So I have really come to love it!
amivaj

---------

Previous

Return to Projects