Opinion on Harlequin comics

Talk about our projects here.
No ''THANK YOU'' post here please!

Opinion on Harlequin comics

Postby Ferbalicious on 12 Feb 2011, 19:41

I think we all have established that we really like the Harlequin comics ^^ ( maybe partly because those are the most published :p)
So now I was wondering what was your favorite story or least favorite...which one had a good artist or did you dislike the art of?
Just a little bit curious of others opinion =)

Right now I'm reading Cinderella ni Kutsu o and although I like the storyline, I'm not really a fan of the artist. Rebecca sometimes reminds me of a man and Angus looks, I don't really know how to describe it but he looks weak, maybe that's just me :p
In my opinion, the best HC I'v read so far was Cinderella no Kake I liked the story, it was funny yet romantic and not too sappy, plus I adored the drawings ^^, the characters were beautifully drawn.

Ferbalicious
Cool User

Re: Opinion on Harlequin comics

Postby Duchess on 12 Feb 2011, 20:10

My opinion so far so HQ comic, isn't it a bit like Pride and Prejudice most of them end up with a marriage proposal ;)
Duchess
Site Admin

Postby ruby on 12 Feb 2011, 20:15

Yeah, they seem to end up with the marriage proposal or their marriage was on the rocks on they get back together..
ruby

Postby Ferbalicious on 12 Feb 2011, 20:22

Yeah, can't argue with that but that's just that kind of story I suppose =) the stories are all in a setting were marriage is an important thing...
Or the author just thinks that it's something that every woman wants and sees as the most romantic...a marriage proposal! xD

(I think that's also part of the contract for that kind of novelist. "Sorry miss, we can't publish your book unless their is a marriage proposal in it, write it again.")
Ferbalicious
Cool User

Postby ruby on 12 Feb 2011, 20:29

LOL, You're right...I've never read an actual harlequin book but I'm sure they're the same way...though I can't remember the name right now, I think I just read one yesterday that didn't end with a marriage or a proposal..I need to go look....
ruby

Postby droc on 12 Feb 2011, 23:04

Hello, well I will say that I have fallen in love with the HQ comics after reading No Competition. And I agree with you they nearly all end with a marriage proposal like in A prince need a princess etc.
droc
Cool User

Postby Getsuga_10shou on 13 Feb 2011, 01:11

I've actually never really read HQ comics till you guys started to scanlate them :)
Although they all have a trend in terms of their endings, I still enjoy reading them ^^
The artwork for them all are awesome too! XD
Getsuga_10shou

Postby Hoshi on 13 Feb 2011, 01:44

Hm. I have to disagree with you on the Fujita Kazuko one. Her art is of a higher quality than most of the artists who work on Harlequin manga. But that being said, I don't have a favorite artist yet. As for favorite story so far; It'd have to be Shiehk to Dokomade mo because of it's great balance of good art and interesting story. It seems to be a great collaboration so far.
Hoshi

Postby snow_flower on 13 Feb 2011, 05:04

I really like these Harlequin comics. All these happy endings are exactly what I need before I go to bed at night. I also like that they are quite short compared to other comics especially romance manga. They take forever to publish one chapter. Ugh, it drives me crazy. Also, the women in Harlequin comics all seem to have a mind of her own, instead of swooning easily, as real women should...? Anyway, I don't know but I like these aristocratic ones maybe because I like historical stuff??
snow_flower

Postby seyrie_farm on 13 Feb 2011, 08:54

harlequin comics is smooth romantic as the original, but i always love the mangaka....they draw it beautifully

sometimes i will search the original..and when my country publish the :D harlequin comic..can't stop myself for buy it ;)
seyrie_farm

---------

Next

Return to Projects