opinion on BRIDE OF WATER GOD

Talk about our projects here.
No ''THANK YOU'' post here please!

opinion on BRIDE OF WATER GOD

Postby sherlover on 18 Feb 2011, 05:25

share ur opinion on the manga and discuss about the manga or any topic related to manga here

i was drawn to the manga first because of its eyecatching artwork latr i loved the story and got reading it like crazy!!
sherlover

Re: opinion on BRIDE OF WATER GOD

Postby blanblah on 19 Feb 2011, 06:01

I love the artwork (I really love the outfits especially Soah's and the butterflies everywhere so pretty). What got me interested is the subject matter really. I saw it awhile ago and wanted to read it, but never got around to it until yesterday actually... I just finished all the chapters that are out online like an hour or two ago (when I get into something especially reading I can't stop lol).

The story is interesting. Though I'd love to slap a few characters and it can be a bit confusing. It's just one of those stories that you don't know who is good and whose bad. I feel sad for so many of the characters with their seemingly impossible romances (which of course makes me cheer them on all the more). Though Mura is on my annoyance list. I just can't take her personality and as much as I want to feel sorry for her situation, I can't, but that could change in the future and I hope it does.. I don't want to hate her lol.

This story really sucks you in though with all the scheming. They give you just enough information to keep you hooked and then go to something else (that jumping can get a little confusing at times I thought a missed something only to realize I hadn't lol)... it makes me so curious as to what's going to happen next, so I can't wait for the next chapter!
blanblah

Postby sherlover on 19 Feb 2011, 07:26

blanblah wrote:I love the artwork (I really love the outfits especially Soah's and the butterflies everywhere so pretty). What got me interested is the subject matter really. I saw it awhile ago and wanted to read it, but never got around to it until yesterday actually... I just finished all the chapters that are out online like an hour or two ago (when I get into something especially reading I can't stop lol).

The story is interesting. Though I'd love to slap a few characters and it can be a bit confusing. It's just one of those stories that you don't know who is good and whose bad. I feel sad for so many of the characters with their seemingly impossible romances (which of course makes me cheer them on all the more). Though Mura is on my annoyance list. I just can't take her personality and as much as I want to feel sorry for her situation, I can't, but that could change in the future and I hope it does.. I don't want to hate her lol.

This story really sucks you in though with all the scheming. They give you just enough information to keep you hooked and then go to something else (that jumping can get a little confusing at times I thought a missed something only to realize I hadn't lol)... it makes me so curious as to what's going to happen next, so I can't wait for the next chapter!

yeah they really turn the tables while showing the interesting part ..well something which keep bugging me is mura already has a guy liking her but she keeps running after habeak...really a guy who likes us is more important than whom we like..in future chaps you will see how foolish mura is ...this is a spoiler i think in chap 98 she dies along with the guy who likes her :?
sherlover

Postby blanblah on 19 Feb 2011, 09:36

That's depressing. I think what annoys me isn't so much that she has someone who cares about her, but more so how she acts. I mean, she spent all that time longing after a guy she didn't even ATTEMPT to connect with (preferring to just stand back and watch from afar), but the moment he finds someone he loves she personality turns from fake kindness to downright ugliness. I'm not saying people should give up on love, but if you love someone so much then I believe you should wish them happiness even if it's not with you and really she probably should give the other guy a chance. I mean at one point I think she questioned if what she was feeling was real love or something else. It's just a sad situation, but I can't feel sorry for her, because of her personality. I just can't agree with how she acts. I like the guy who likes her (Bi Ryeom? I think his name was, I'm not too good with the names lol). I especially loved when he was with Dong Wang Kong. Just the way he would react. I pitied him, because I probably would have face palmed a few times if I was around someone like Dong Wang Kong. So strange. lol. It really is a pity though that Mura doesn't see a good guy when he is right in front of her.
blanblah

Postby rachellim on 20 Feb 2011, 23:36

it has wonderful art, the details of clothings, backgrounds etc is stunning... the storyline is quite original but rather confusing like Sarasah... a must-read for me
rachellim

Postby sherlover on 21 Feb 2011, 06:22

thnx guys for ur opinions!! :D
sherlover

Postby nia_sweetstar on 21 Feb 2011, 09:31

The artwork is typically fascinating especially the drawing of the flowers and the characters of the story.Personally, I wish the author would come out more manhwa once bride of the water god is complete as her artworks from previous manhwa like railroad and the cat that loves fish if I am not mistaken is truly amazing.Her artworks if full of detail features of that specific object.

The story line for bride of the water god is an extremely creative and it goes beyond boarders of imagination.Mi-kyung has really took a great detail in forming characters like Habaek and Hooyi.In reality,there is a mythology regarding hooyi that he is a great in archery,and his wife is the moon deity which is Chang'e along with the moon rabbit.So,mi-kyung idea of putting a panda in a moon is sort of co-relate to the myth.There are elements pf philosophy of life in her story which I personally find it that is truly meaningful and sometimes it does question her idea of storyline. However, I think mi-kyung should develop more on Soah personality as her emphasis of her personality is only at the beginning of the story but as the story develop I find there are is a lack of personality given to her.I truly love Habeak's behaviour and thoughts.Basicly, it is tough to predict what is going to happen next as I was surprise the death of bi ryeom.

I hope that the story would not get too draggy as it develops just like other popular manhwa.I read the bride of the water god like more than 10 times i think and I never get tired of it.So, for me it is my all time favorite. I really hope that the ending of this manhwa satisfying one for me and other readers of this manhwa.
nia_sweetstar

Postby sherlover on 21 Feb 2011, 16:51

nia_sweetstar wrote:The artwork is typically fascinating especially the drawing of the flowers and the characters of the story.Personally, I wish the author would come out more manhwa once bride of the water god is complete as her artworks from previous manhwa like railroad and the cat that loves fish if I am not mistaken is truly amazing.Her artworks if full of detail features of that specific object.

The story line for bride of the water god is an extremely creative and it goes beyond boarders of imagination.Mi-kyung has really took a great detail in forming characters like Habaek and Hooyi.In reality,there is a mythology regarding hooyi that he is a great in archery,and his wife is the moon deity which is Chang'e along with the moon rabbit.So,mi-kyung idea of putting a panda in a moon is sort of co-relate to the myth.There are elements pf philosophy of life in her story which I personally find it that is truly meaningful and sometimes it does question her idea of storyline. However, I think mi-kyung should develop more on Soah personality as her emphasis of her personality is only at the beginning of the story but as the story develop I find there are is a lack of personality given to her.I truly love Habeak's behaviour and thoughts.Basicly, it is tough to predict what is going to happen next as I was surprise the death of bi ryeom.

I hope that the story would not get too draggy as it develops just like other popular manhwa.I read the bride of the water god like more than 10 times i think and I never get tired of it.So, for me it is my all time favorite. I really hope that the ending of this manhwa satisfying one for me and other readers of this manhwa.

i really think sometimes that the artist can draw anything beautifully(ill request her to draw me one day ahem that is beautifully)...u seen to know lot about the mythology i dont know anything about it as im not from the place hmmm great so i have a question does marraige between human and god exist in the mythology as far as u know?

wow i read it about 10 times too like it has to be imprinted on my mind..thnx for sharing ur opinion.. :D :D :D
sherlover

Postby nia_sweetstar on 22 Feb 2011, 12:18

I remember one of the chapter where soah lost memories of Habaek as she has return back to earth there was a small note regarding on the story of the herdsmen and the weaver.In chinese mythology, the herdsmen and the weaver is a popular myth.a goddess that has fallen in love and did got married with a herdsmen,yet it is a sad ending.Hopefully, the ending does not follow the same for Bride of the water god manhwa .You can check it out on wikipedia under princess and the herdsmen for the main article of Jade emperor.
here is the link:
Marriage between human and god does exist too in greek mythology.
Do tell me what you think about the article.Imagination of the marriage between god and human is really interesting and it does question whether marriage between humans and god will achieve immortality once they are married,just like Soah and Habeak current situation of obtaining the peach fruit form Mura :)
nia_sweetstar

Postby sherlover on 22 Feb 2011, 13:19

nia_sweetstar wrote:I remember one of the chapter where soah lost memories of Habaek as she has return back to earth there was a small note regarding on the story of the herdsmen and the weaver.In chinese mythology, the herdsmen and the weaver is a popular myth.a goddess that has fallen in love and did got married with a herdsmen,yet it is a sad ending.Hopefully, the ending does not follow the same for Bride of the water god manhwa .You can check it out on wikipedia under princess and the herdsmen for the main article of Jade emperor.
here is the link:
Marriage between human and god does exist too in greek mythology.
Do tell me what you think about the article.Imagination of the marriage between god and human is really interesting and it does question whether marriage between humans and god will achieve immortality once they are married,just like Soah and Habeak current situation of obtaining the peach fruit form Mura :)

wow thats really interesting..thnx for sharing it..i really liked the part where the jade emperor took pity and built a bridge across the milky way for the herdboy and the princess to meet :D ..nice ;) and i think you are really good with ur history...are u a student if so then you must be good at it :D :D
sherlover

---------

Next

Return to Projects