Most Traumatic Experience

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: Most Traumatic Experience

Postby bakaneko on 17 Apr 2011, 11:58

hahahahahahahha i know how you feel.. almost everyone hates going to the dentist, or at least they get really nervous about it... i'm used to having my teeth drilled without any anesthetic, so it wouldn't traumatize it, but i still get nervous when the doctor turns on the drill... XD

i think everyone have a few traumatic experience, not just one... talk about almost-accident, i've been in a few, the closest one was last year when it was raining heavily, like REALLY REALLY heavy, and suddenly the car's wiper stopped moving (something inside breaks)! and we can't see anything in front of us, so my dad was driving blind! thankfully the rain was coming from the front, so i can at least see the cars behind us using the side mirror on my side... i can see that the car behind us was still a long way to go, and i was thinking that it would be safer if we get off the road and park on the grass for a while or something rather than risk it all on the road since there's no road divider and we might accidently get on the wrong lane or something.. so i kept telling my dad to go to the left so we can get off the road but i think my dad was panicking so instead of going left he went right, right into the oncoming traffic! i can see the car's headlights coming closer and closer to us (can't see the cars, only the lights) and the car was honking like crazy... i kept yelling to my dad to go to the left to the left! and in the end i grabbed the steering wheel and make him go to the left (after making sure there's no car behind us of course, i'm not suicidal lol)...

it was a close call... =.="
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby lady_bird on 18 Apr 2011, 18:53

bakaneko wrote:
i think everyone have a few traumatic experience, not just one... talk about almost-accident, i've been in a few, the closest one was last year when it was raining heavily, like REALLY REALLY heavy, and suddenly the car's wiper stopped moving (something inside breaks)! and we can't see anything in front of us, so my dad was driving blind! thankfully the rain was coming from the front, so i can at least see the cars behind us using the side mirror on my side... i can see that the car behind us was still a long way to go, and i was thinking that it would be safer if we get off the road and park on the grass for a while or something rather than risk it all on the road since there's no road divider and we might accidently get on the wrong lane or something.. so i kept telling my dad to go to the left so we can get off the road but i think my dad was panicking so instead of going left he went right, right into the oncoming traffic! i can see the car's headlights coming closer and closer to us (can't see the cars, only the lights) and the car was honking like crazy... i kept yelling to my dad to go to the left to the left! and in the end i grabbed the steering wheel and make him go to the left (after making sure there's no car behind us of course, i'm not suicidal lol)...

indead it was

at least you had a cold mind to do the right thing, and you were lucky that no other car hit yours.
i would say you had a guadian angel or a lucky star guarding you :D
lady_bird

Postby bakaneko on 21 Apr 2011, 07:42

i guess i sort of have a guardian angel.. *nod nod*

it was really scary... you know how in moments of death ppl have a flash of their previous lives? well, i don't have any of those, except maybe a flash of a plan how to get out alive... lol my brain just sort of have this awesome idea to use the side mirror to help us... i mean, normally as a passenger you don't even aware there's a side mirror right... :p
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby sherlover on 21 Apr 2011, 17:50

bakaneko wrote:hahahahahahahha i know how you feel.. almost everyone hates going to the dentist, or at least they get really nervous about it... i'm used to having my teeth drilled without any anesthetic, so it wouldn't traumatize it, but i still get nervous when the doctor turns on the drill... XD

wow..really close.. good job there :D :D
sherlover

Postby kazj on 22 Apr 2011, 00:03

I had a traumatic experience with a dentist, i had an extra tooth in my bottom jaw so it had to come out. The fun thing was the lady gave the injection and just pulled it out without waiting more than five minutes for the injection to take effect.
kazj

Postby blanblah on 23 Apr 2011, 01:31

bakaneko wrote:hahahahahahahha i know how you feel.. almost everyone hates going to the dentist, or at least they get really nervous about it... i'm used to having my teeth drilled without any anesthetic, so it wouldn't traumatize it, but i still get nervous when the doctor turns on the drill... XD

Oh my... that's... crazy! I'm glad you and your dad are alright though. It's good you were still thinking since he was obviously in shock. That would have been so scary. I hate when cars are coming at you and all you can seem to see is the lights.. I think that makes it scarier... One year I didn't notice a car was speeding towards me as I was crossing the street.. My one friend screamed the most terrifying scream ever and I looked up just in time to see lights glaring at me... Thankfully I made it to the other side of the road (which is a miracle considering the jerks didn't even slow down), but I'll never forget my friend screaming and the cars coming at me... Very scary

kazj wrote:I had a traumatic experience with a dentist, i had an extra tooth in my bottom jaw so it had to come out. The fun thing was the lady gave the injection and just pulled it out without waiting more than five minutes for the injection to take effect.

I think I would have cried. Okay, well I probably would have sat there still as a rock until after it was all over THEN i would have cried. The dentist... is evil! lol. I've just come to the conclusion... even when the appointment isn't that bad... then you go back and it's awkward. I had to go back and when he was numbing my teeth.. he stabbed the needle into my gum, but he hit something, because it felt like the needle went THROUGH my tongue... then my whole left side (Including my tongue and my left ear) was numb for like 5 hours.... Needless to say... my gum STILL hurts and it was over a week ago that this happened (makes eating REAL fun... note sarcasm)... Evil Dentist... They really need to come up with like a test to make sure you are completely numb. It sucks you can't do anything when they start working on your mouth in fear you might hurt yourself instead.
blanblah

Postby bakaneko on 24 Apr 2011, 09:46

yeah, i would cry too if my dentist roughly pulled my tooth like that... *shivers* thankfully all of the dentists i went to are all nice enough and they always try to talk to me first if they see i'm a bit nervous...
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby kaej on 28 Apr 2011, 04:56

Witnessing a classmate getting hit by a fast car outside our school is the most traumatic experience so far. It was so sudden. When it hit her, she flew across the road and crashed against a street tree. The driver was so shocked that she couldn't stand up straight after she got out of her car. Her legs were really shaking. We were all so shocked too. The classmate didn't survive her injures but the driver wasn't charged because we saw the classmate running into road without looking. It wasn't the driver's fault. Although it's been years I still see it in my sleep sometimes.
kaej

Postby bakaneko on 02 May 2011, 01:10

OMG, that's so horrible! to witness an accident from a close range is something you'll never forget for the rest of your life!
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby beenz on 02 May 2011, 17:28

Losing a love one, including pets. A guy that was hit by a car and was dead on the road. I don't drive anymore, I take public transportation now.
beenz

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General