Harlequin books (and similar ones) options

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Harlequin books (and similar ones) options

Postby Gorothadariel on 06 Mar 2011, 11:42

Hey girls (and guys)

Because of the harlequin comic translations, I started buying some bookes of harlequin.
Well ectually they are from millsandboon, but I think its farilly the same.
They are also quiet cheap, only four euros (bought through Amazon.whatever)

I have four now:
Prince Voronov's Virgin (Autor: Lynn Raye Harris)
Mistress, Mother... Wife (Autor: Maggie Cox)
Ruthless Boss, Dream Baby (Autor: Susan Stephens)
Hidden Mistress, Public Wife (Autor: Emma Darcy)

I like to buy books, which I know someone else liked, so I hope to get tips and maybe discussions started on the books.

Well, I'll start then:
I liked the Books Prince Voronov's Virgin and Hidden Misstress, Public Wife the best.
They have a nice romance, enough story with nice suspension in it.
Mistress, Mother... Wife was also good, and I liked to read it, but the hero and heroine get together quite fast, and one has a feeling that it is only a matter of time until the happy ending. There is a lake of suspension.
In contrast has Ruthless Boss, Dream Baby a lot of suspension, but the main story is different then one would think, when starting the book.
I will spoiler here a little, but only so that, if you buy the book you know what you get.
The story starts in the now, but the main story is set in the 60th centering around the women's movement for equel rights at the workplace.
So it is really interessting, but because the heroine fell in love with the hero in the 60th, I did not like how the story developed in the 21th century.

If someone wants to know more, s/he can send a message, but I don't want to spoiler in public.

I hope someone here reads books of similar kind.
Gorothadariel

Re: Harlequin books (and similar ones) options

Postby Duchess on 06 Mar 2011, 13:50

if they are in English, will you be able to scan them for us?
Duchess
Site Admin

Postby Gorothadariel on 06 Mar 2011, 17:53

sorry,I don't have a scanner.
And time would be a problem as well I think.
Each book has at least 180 pages and I am studying for my major tests right now.
Gorothadariel

Postby ruby on 06 Mar 2011, 20:46

I did the same thing I've read four so far also, but I've been reading the harlequin presents title because they are pretty much the same stories as the comics except longer version....
so far I've read:
Girl's guide to flirting with danger
the sabbides secret baby
protected by the prince
a spanish bithright

They were pretty entertaing but I still like the comics alot more...
ruby

Postby rubenz on 07 Mar 2011, 05:49

Hi, I read some of novels too, I like Roberta Leigh, Lilian Peake, and Mary Burchel ^^

I have some of their books and already scanned it before, if you want I can post it ^^ ;)

Edit: Check my collection and I have this book: Hidden Mistress, Public Wife (Author: Emma Darcy)

I can upload this too is you want it too ^^ ;)
rubenz
Elite Member

Postby Gorothadariel on 07 Mar 2011, 20:34

by rubenz
Hi, I read some of novels too, I like Roberta Leigh, Lilian Peake, and Mary Burchel ^^

I have some of their books and already scanned it before, if you want I can post it ^^ ;)

Edit: Check my collection and I have this book: Hidden Mistress, Public Wife (Author: Emma Darcy)

I can upload this too is you want it too ^^ ;)

Cool, would be interessted, I'm still sorry that I can't (I now lend them to my sister).

How did you like Hidden Mistress, Public Wife? Do you have a favorit?

by ruby
They were pretty entertaing but I still like the comics alot more.

I like the books because they give you sometimes a greater insight and they are longer, so the fun lasts longer, but in the same time the comics are better, because they capture the essential storyline pretty good and give you nice pictures to the story.
Gorothadariel

Postby rubenz on 08 Mar 2011, 00:58

Here the books by Lilian Peake:

Mary Burchell:

Roberta Leigh:

Emma Darcy:

And for Emma Darcy I quite like it though I prefer to read Historial or older harlequin (the one published under 1990) lol :D And my fav book so far is Devil in the Winter by Lisa Kleypas (I gave it 4 stars).

PS: Please don't share my links outside the forum ;)
rubenz
Elite Member

Postby Kittykitala on 09 Mar 2011, 03:26

I love Devil in the Winter..in fact, I think I'll go reread it. I'm kind of sad I don't have summer and fall anymore, but those weren't as good as winter.
Kittykitala

Postby Mags on 10 Mar 2011, 03:34

Cool!!! Thanks rubenz! Ever since I came across the manga version of the Harlequin books I've been obssessed! I used to read all these romance novels and would go through them like crazy before but picked up on it again! Can't wait to read!
Mags

Postby Gorothadariel on 10 Mar 2011, 16:42

rubenz wrote:
And for Emma Darcy I quite like it though I prefer to read Historial or older harlequin (the one published under 1990) lol :D And my fav book so far is Devil in the Winter by Lisa Kleypas (I gave it 4 stars).

PS: Please don't share my links outside the forum ;)

I read some of your books, and I really understand what you mean, the old ones are really better!
They have a Jane Austen feeling.
It completly trapps you, and when you are finished, you want to start all over again.
Gorothadariel

---------

Next

Return to General