foodies.....

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: foodies.....

Postby bakaneko on 22 May 2011, 02:54

jollychick wrote:I'm really loving homemade Tex-Mex. I love making tacos, fajitas, and looooove quesadillas!! My friends and I recently had a taco night where we all left the boys behind for the night and enjoyed some movies with our feast. Ahhh...yummy times, yummy times...

i've always wanted to try cooking mexican food, but the ingredients are hard to find in my country and frankly speaking, it is hard to find ppl to teach you mexican cooking... *sigh*

teppanyaki :

i go for teppanyaki when i've eaten too many spicy or heavy food since teppanyaki tends to be lightly spiced and are not too hot or heavy... i love it when they put extra bean sprouts... XD

hmmm, i guess so.. i'm kinda like a chef.. but mostly i think i'm a baker? since i bake more than cook... but since i can bake, cooking comes naturally.. though i've met ppl who can cook but can't bake worth their salt, or vice versa... i don't understand how ppl can do one thing, but not the other since i think baking and cooking are kinda similar... :?
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby sherlover on 22 May 2011, 07:20

hmmm so thats tapenyaki sounds yummy ..so we can call you pastry chef if u try my fav relish pastries (thats in addition to cakes lol) too..they are similar yet different...baking requires patience and measured ingredients so its not everybody's forte..but mostly this type of cases ive seen among men they are either good chefs or bakers but not both.. :D
sherlover

Postby bakaneko on 22 May 2011, 15:56

*nod nod*

but i dun know.. cooking and baking are much easier than say, cleaning the house.. i hate sweeping and cleaning the house.. =.=

i also makes my own sushi if i want to eat them.. store bought ain't as nice... but i wish we could get unagi... i LOVE unagi but they don't sell unagi here... at least not a dead and processed ones... i'm terrified by the real life ones.. :(
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby blanblah on 22 May 2011, 18:30

Well... I love lots of different food, but my all time favorite is Chinese... We have a buffet around here that's amazing. Though some of the food is a little awkward. The one time I went with my mom, aunt, and a friend of mine to a buffet up near where my aunt lived and they had chicken feet.. like the claws... Of course I dared my friend to try it, but couldn't watch when she did lol. It was funny, but awkward. Regardless, it's still my favorite.
blanblah

Postby neuhikari on 23 May 2011, 09:07

well right now I want to eat a lots of pasta the sauce is not important but not hot I hate hot foods for dessert pancakes or Tiramisu I just love them :mrgreen:
neuhikari

Postby bakaneko on 24 May 2011, 00:12

blanblah wrote:Well... I love lots of different food, but my all time favorite is Chinese... We have a buffet around here that's amazing. Though some of the food is a little awkward. The one time I went with my mom, aunt, and a friend of mine to a buffet up near where my aunt lived and they had chicken feet.. like the claws... Of course I dared my friend to try it, but couldn't watch when she did lol. It was funny, but awkward. Regardless, it's still my favorite.

well if you're a chinese food fan, you should get used to it.. i don't know where you live, but if you eat any chinese food in an asian country, they serve up pretty weird stuff (well, normal for locals, but weird for foreigners)... for example, they can cook all parts of a pig or cow.. like ALL parts... other animals include turtles, snakes etc... chicken feet is nothing compare to the other chinese 'delicacies'.. :lol:

in fact, not only the chinese in my country eat chicken feed, but everyone does... though i like how the chinese prepared it the most (with soy sauce and herbs)... :D
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby amivaj on 24 May 2011, 03:49

I am really obsessed with Korean food right now. I am moving home and there is absolutely now resturant there so I am trying to enjoy some while I am still in the big cities. I love bi bim bob!
amivaj

Postby sherlover on 24 May 2011, 11:28

after reading all these posts i wanna eat chinese italian korean and all other traditional mouth watering delights lol :D
sherlover

Postby misspitaten on 07 Jun 2011, 16:48

Mmmm... I don't have a favorite food, but I have a favorite type of food that I love to eat and it's always Vietnamese food. I can never get tired of eating them. But I would love to try food in Korea and Japan. They always look yummy to eat!
misspitaten

Postby BonnieChristine on 07 Jun 2011, 18:44

I'm not really a food fan, but I love beverages! My family is heavily organic, so I love trying the new teas and carbonated drinks that are actually in that criteria. Even with foods labeled organic you have to read the labels because it may be only partially so. (Out of habit I avoid drinks with corn syrup and fake sugars. I can't even drink regular sodas, like coca cola brand, because it'll make me crash.) I don't know why I don't really like food... maybe because I don't like cooking and I find it troublesome to try and think of something to eat. I'm perfectly fine if someone makes me something. ^_^ (Although it could also be that we don't have much variety at our house. >.<)
BonnieChristine

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General