Ending

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Ending

Postby cleopatra on 28 Jun 2011, 17:57

Do you sometimes wish mangas would have a different ending? Sometimes I dream of a Harlequin manga where the woman walks out on the man even though I know that is not the way these stories are supposed to be. Did you ever have the same feeling?
cleopatra

Re: Ending

Postby sherlover on 29 Jun 2011, 11:10

in harlequin i never felt for a different ending till now.but will let u know when i come across..but there is a manga where the lead is dying of chronic disease and the girl loves this guy i was so rooting that the guys shouldnt die but in the end he died and our lead moved on.i wanted it to have a different ending!!..from then on i read less of tragedy genres
on the other hand though harlequin are josei..they are all dolled up to mimic fairy tales..so expecting the female to have a happy ending is a must and that too definitely with male lead so i have never come across a harlequin manga where the woman walks out
sherlover

Postby bakaneko on 29 Jun 2011, 12:56

cleopatra wrote:Do you sometimes wish mangas would have a different ending? Sometimes I dream of a Harlequin manga where the woman walks out on the man even though I know that is not the way these stories are supposed to be. Did you ever have the same feeling?

hahahahahah i know what you mean.. i do that a lot... i would daydream of a different ending all the time... not just movies, but books, or mangas i read too... i just have like, a hyper imagination or something... i can never be happy with the current end.. i have to 'fix' it in my head... especially if the end sucks *ss, you know... :evil:
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby aerysa on 29 Jun 2011, 20:04

cleopatra wrote:Do you sometimes wish mangas would have a different ending? Sometimes I dream of a Harlequin manga where the woman walks out on the man even though I know that is not the way these stories are supposed to be. Did you ever have the same feeling?

Lol, I haven't wished that for any particular one so far, but I get it. Regardless of how the story plays out, the ending is always the same. It gets predictable, but at the same time, that's why I enjoy them XD

I think the woman walking out on a man thing happens a lot... As the BACKGROUND to a story, but never as the ending.

I usually only rethink the ending if I hated how it ended. Otherwise, I'm quite content with the predictability of the man and woman ending up together. haha~
aerysa
Cool User

Postby blanblah on 04 Jul 2011, 16:49

I'm sure there have been mangas that I felt that way about. Not particularly the ones I've read on here (aka the Harlequin), but I hate tragedies... I mean... sometimes the end happy, but I hate when the main characters don't end up together for whatever reason. I love the happy endings, which is probably why I enjoy the Harlequin, because no matter what they went through, the ending is always happy with the two people together. Happy, lovey endings make me happy. Anything other than that, tends to make me wish for a different ending.
blanblah

Postby crystalite on 05 Jul 2011, 07:01

I haven't felt that way for Harlequin stuff probably because I come seeking for them b/c of their oh so lovely happy endings. But I have often thought of alternate endings to stories and mangas...
sometimes a tragic ending can be so much more meaningful, if not satisfying, than a happy ending, no?
crystalite

Postby cleopatra on 05 Jul 2011, 10:48

Maybe I am too much of a tragedy fan, for example The Snow Queen by Wann. I liked the ending
cleopatra

Postby beenz on 06 Jul 2011, 07:43

I always wish the ending was different, if it is bad, I would imagine and different ending, if the manga is good, I would wish and imagine a longer ending.
beenz

Postby bakaneko on 07 Jul 2011, 14:00

crystalite wrote:sometimes a tragic ending can be so much more meaningful, if not satisfying, than a happy ending, no?

my heart know it, but my brain wouldn't let me accept it! i just HAD to imagine a new, happier ending... :lol:
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby Alessa9 on 07 Jul 2011, 14:09

There are some mangas & manhwas I've read that I wish had ended differently. Most of the time it's because the story ended too abruptly and let some loose ends or because it ended tragically.
Alessa9
Cool User

---------

Next

Return to General