Do you guys read novels?

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: Do you guys read novels?

Postby bakaneko on 03 May 2011, 09:36

erm, sorry to bother, but can you girls suggest me some authors pls? i want to try new ones, but after a few tries, i find out their books are kinda boring and their books didn't fulfill my requirements... it was such a waste of money coz romance novels can be kinda expensive... so it would help a lot if you all can help suggest some to me pls..

well, the thing is, i'm in the mood for regency or 'old' romance novels with loads of sappy parts (not too much though or i'll get a heart attack) and not too complicated plot... atm i'm a bit over modern romance novels (unless they're really good)... was into them a few years back, but got bored after reading too much of them..

i'm into judith mcnaught, jude deveraux, johanna lindsey and julie garwood stuff atm so if you girls know of similar authors, pls recommend them to me... ;)
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby rubenz on 11 May 2011, 01:21

bakaneko wrote:erm, sorry to bother, but can you girls suggest me some authors pls? i want to try new ones, but after a few tries, i find out their books are kinda boring and their books didn't fulfill my requirements... it was such a waste of money coz romance novels can be kinda expensive... so it would help a lot if you all can help suggest some to me pls..

well, the thing is, i'm in the mood for regency or 'old' romance novels with loads of sappy parts (not too much though or i'll get a heart attack) and not too complicated plot... atm i'm a bit over modern romance novels (unless they're really good)... was into them a few years back, but got bored after reading too much of them..

i'm into judith mcnaught, jude deveraux, johanna lindsey and julie garwood stuff atm so if you girls know of similar authors, pls recommend them to me... ;)

Oh if you like regency romance try the author by Lisa Kleypas (Wallflower and Hathaway series is really good), Sabrina Jeffries, Gaelen Folley , Elizabeth Hoyt, Celeste Bradley, Julia Quinn, Tracy Anne warren, Sarah maclean, Renee Bernard and for Medieval romance you can try Paula Quinn ^^

Hope that help ^^
rubenz
Elite Member

Postby bakaneko on 11 May 2011, 06:37

rubenz wrote:Oh if you like regency romance try the author by Lisa Kleypas (Wallflower and Hathaway series is really good), Sabrina Jeffries, Gaelen Folley , Elizabeth Hoyt, Celeste Bradley, Julia Quinn, Tracy Anne warren, Sarah maclean, Renee Bernard and for Medieval romance you can try Paula Quinn ^^

Hope that help ^^

yay, this is cool! sankyu very much! i'll go google to read summaries... :D
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby sherlover on 11 May 2011, 15:48

rubenz wrote:
bakaneko wrote:erm, sorry to bother, but can you girls suggest me some authors pls? i want to try new ones, but after a few tries, i find out their books are kinda boring and their books didn't fulfill my requirements... it was such a waste of money coz romance novels can be kinda expensive... so it would help a lot if you all can help suggest some to me pls..

Oh if you like regency romance try the author by Lisa Kleypas (Wallflower and Hathaway series is really good), Sabrina Jeffries, Gaelen Folley , Elizabeth Hoyt, Celeste Bradley, Julia Quinn, Tracy Anne warren, Sarah maclean, Renee Bernard and for Medieval romance you can try Paula Quinn ^^

Hope that help ^^

thnx a lot buddy i will definitely look for them^_^
sherlover

Postby kazj on 11 May 2011, 16:57

I love reading, fantasy and romance just haven't had the time as exams are coming up. :)
kazj

Postby samira01 on 14 May 2011, 04:27

not really, :( I am 120% on reading mangas all the time that I can possible expend on it jajaja ;)
however, I read a few novels and many fanfics :roll:
samira01
Elite Member

Postby amivaj on 24 May 2011, 04:02

I haven't read any new ones lately but one of my favorites authors is Johanna Lindsey.
amivaj

Postby bakaneko on 24 May 2011, 08:18

amivaj wrote:I haven't read any new ones lately but one of my favorites authors is Johanna Lindsey.

i've read most of her books and i'm looking for another author of similar genre.. do you have any suggestions?
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby sflores on 26 May 2011, 19:05

i read alot of novels but i mostly read romance. i have alot of books but my favoires authors are Lisa Kleypas, gena showalter. and the clasic novel i read all the time is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
sflores

Postby Ekita on 16 Jun 2011, 19:04

i love vampires cronicles and now i'm reading Tales of the Otori Grass for His Pillow by Lian Hearn
Ekita

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General