Do you guys read novels?

Discuss non-manga/manhwa topics here.
Introduce yourself, chat about anything like music, anime, novels, life...

Re: Do you guys read novels?

Postby sherlover on 25 Mar 2011, 15:07

MsMusik wrote:I love to read whenever I have time. :) However, I have been extremely busy lately... so I haven't really read any novels for a while. :(

yeah thats been my case too ^_^
sherlover

Postby tohru123 on 27 Mar 2011, 23:12

I do love reading, but I've been so busy lately and haven't found a good new book to read.
I like classics, so I'm a fan of Jane Austin type books :)
Also, I've been spending a lot of time reading manga/manhwa lately so that's probably why I've been reading less novels :oops:
tohru123
Cool User

Postby fari on 30 Mar 2011, 11:04

Yes I do. I like fantasy books like Harry Potter or everybook of Robin Hobb. I like romance novels, particularly the novels of Nora Roberts. She's the queen of this kind of novels.
fari
Cool User

Postby blue_jade9 on 30 Mar 2011, 22:43

Yes, science fiction is my favorite genre. It allows me to unwind after a hard day. :) My favourite author is Trudi Canavan.
blue_jade9

Postby beenz on 04 Apr 2011, 16:43

I love reading. I'm currently reading Vampire Diaries #4. Lately I haven't had very much time to read, so I do most of my reading on the bus, it's a half hour ride to my destination.
beenz

Postby trognon20 on 04 Apr 2011, 17:08

I love to read too, I began reading manga, manwha not long ago but novels it's been more than 15 years... And actually I have now a hard time finding a book interesting that I still didn't read ;)
So my favorite are Fantasy... and I kind of prefer female authors....
Ursula LeGuin (not all of her books, but Terremer and City of illusions and the others in the series, also her news ones are good.
Robin Hobb, especially The Farseer Trilogy
Kim Harrison, with the series of the witch Rachel Morgan
In male authors
Brendan Sanderson, Eliantris, and Mistborn Trilogy awesome !!
I loved Ryamond E Feist
And I finished and loved The shapeshifter from Ali Sparkes...
trognon20

Postby yuiko on 07 Apr 2011, 07:00

I used to read novels when I was younger. Like in middle school and early high school. But with all the tests I have to study for, reading books lost its appeal since I didn't want to have my nose stuck in a book all the time. But I'm trying to start reading novels again. I'm currently interested in L.J. Smith novels, but haven't had the time to start reading it yet.
yuiko

Postby kaej on 28 Apr 2011, 04:44

I read a lot. My favorite authors are Linda Howard, Mary Balogh, Julia Quinn, Cathy Yardley, Jennifer Crusie and many many more! I read a lot outside romance books too. Anything really!

I didn't go near Harlequin manga until I saw The Cinderella Solution by Cathy Yardley. The quality is okay but I got hooked anyway. :mrgreen:
kaej

Postby bakaneko on 02 May 2011, 01:32

i love reading! i read all kinds of books, but romance novels i like are those regency type and the likes, you know... i like books from judith mcnaught, jude deveraux, julie garwood, johanna lindsey among others.. XD
bakaneko
Elite Member

Postby Persimmon on 02 May 2011, 05:41

Yes I do. I mostly read fantasy, historical, and romance novels. I recently reread the Bartimaeus series, which is more for teens ^^ and I can't wait for Robert Jordan's series, Wheel of time to finish. I can't believe that he died and another author had to finish though. I also can't believe they decided to split the final book into 3 volumes (so greedy of them) even thought the author wanted it to be one novel.
Persimmon

---------

PreviousNext

Return to General